Gobo rotation

Sunlite Suite, the lighting control software which even outshines most of the consoles available on the market !

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

Wollsen
Experienced Forumor

Gobo rotation

Post by Wollsen »

Gobo rotation

The situation is that i have four movinghead, I want To be able to make so that not all four movinghead are rotating the same way, I tried to modify the preprogrammed gobo rotation button but cant get it to work.
At the same time I want to kontol the speed of the rotation.

The movinghead I am talking about is Spica 250m 16 channel :?:

exsampel
head 1 right
Head 2 left
Head 3 right
Head 4 Left
Rebekalj

hi

Post by Rebekalj »

Hi, you need to MAKE A NEW SWITCH and EDIT it. Put the DMX values of the rotating gobo channels to the left or to the right of each fixture...to know exactly in which value gobo goes to right or to left you have to see it in the datasheets of your moving heads, or try moving the fader up and down ... If you want to put 2 rotating to the right and 2 to the left your moving heads need to have different DMX address to control one by one...

good luck!

bk
Wollsen
Experienced Forumor

Gobo rotation

Post by Wollsen »

To Rebekalj

The way you suggest it, that I Make a new switch were I have dimmer proporties on the channels, but the problem is that you always have to remmember the position of the fader on the button four a rotation pattern

The is problem, pregrammed gobo rotation button, has a min dmx value and a max dmx value.

128 - 190 right
193 - 255 left

This sitaution I am modifying the buton for right rotation

It no problem, to get all moving heads to turn the same way, Then i tried to change 2 of the mh so the have min and max values for left rotation. But it would not work.
Shep2112

Post by Shep2112 »

Hi, have you had any luck solving this problem yet?

-Eric
Wollsen
Experienced Forumor

Post by Wollsen »

Gobo rotation

The situation is that i have four movinghead, I want To be able to make so that not all four movinghead are rotating the same way, I tried to modify the preprogrammed gobo rotation button but cant get it to work.
At the same time I want to kontol the speed of the rotation.

The movinghead I am talking about is Spica 250m 16 channel

exsampel
head 1 right
Head 2 right
Head 3 left
Head 4 Left

I found out to get the movinghead turn i each way, when fixturepage save mode.

I have saved mh 1 & 2 to turn left and 3 & 4 right. But the tricky part now is that i want to be able to control the speed of the gobo rotation with bcf2000 fader.

The problem is that the gobo work like this on the button.

left 193 - 255 193 = minimum rotation / 255 = Maxium rotation

Right 128 - 190 128 = maximum rotation / 190 = minimum rotation

Then when I link to the bcf2000 on the same fader they works oppesit of each other, when the fader is minimum left dont rotate but right is rotating at maximum.

Is there a way fix this.

I hope you can see my problem

Please help me

From denmark

Lars Wollsen