Deconnection

*DISCONTINUED* SLESA - SL512EC - SL512BC - SLMEV

Moderators: simonB, dylan, florent

artcontr

Deconnection

Post by artcontr »

Hi.
I bought a SL512EC a few days ago and I have a little problem.
Sometimes, the interface disconnects itself after a few minutes.
The standalone sequence is then lauched.
The software stops working and I have to reboot the computer.
The problem occurs with SL2006 and 2004
with various computers. I tried to plug an external power because I thought that it was a USB power supply problem.
But same thing.
It works now I don't know why but I don't want it to stop working during the show. Does someone have the same problem ? How to fix it ?
Thank you.
roberto
Maxi Forumor

Post by roberto »

I have experienced some problems like that, when I connect or disconnect the dmx cable on the interface.
The way we fix it, is connecting and optoisolator splitter to the interface, and then connecting and disconnecting the dmx cables on the output of the splitter.
But if we do not touch the dmx cables, the show runs OK.
artcontr

Post by artcontr »

Thank you for you answer, it feels good to find some people with the same kind of problems :-)
But pleaaaaaaaaaase sunlite people help me ! :-):-):-)
I does the problem even if I don't touch the DMX cables.
I have a show on saturday... I bought a bible.
just joking
mark

Post by mark »

same problems in past and solutions is to reinstall Windows XP and turn down all antivirus and firewall function. For me was this solution. Now it is working ok. One of this problems is also when you close sunlite and open again, program doesn't recognize box and you have to shutdown computer to start it again.

I hope this will help you as it was me.
karmakard
Junior Forumor

Re: Deconnection

Post by karmakard »

artcontr wrote:Hi.
I bought a SL512EC a few days ago and I have a little problem.
Sometimes, the interface disconnects itself after a few minutes.
The standalone sequence is then lauched.
The software stops working and I have to reboot the computer.
The problem occurs with SL2006 and 2004
with various computers. I tried to plug an external power because I thought that it was a USB power supply problem.
But same thing.
It works now I don't know why but I don't want it to stop working during the show. Does someone have the same problem ? How to fix it ?
Thank you.
You seems lucky that your 2004 works with 2006 interface, with me it does detects the interface but there's no DMX output. 2006 dose gives output but only for 3-4 min & needs disconnection of interface & restarting of sl2006.

Seems Can't rely on sunlite for the shows anymore for the time being till they sort out the things.
Debasish

Post by Guest »

We think to found the solution for this kind of problem. Send me an email to [email protected]
I will send you the details. As soon this solution will be validated by some users, we will post the details in the forum.
showmo

siudi-ec driver installation trouble

Post by showmo »

Hi,

This may very well be an XP problem, but I'm not sure as yet. I'm using SL2006 (Compu Club 2006) with a USB-DMX interface. My computer will not recognize the Siudi drivers upon hardware installation of the interface. This is when I even point the driver installation process to the driver itself. What gives? It may be a simple problem with XP, but I just can't figure it out. The system does recognize that there's a SIUDI DMX-OUT box attached via USB. The issue is really with loading the driver.

Any help as soon as possible would be gravy. Many thanks.

Cheers,
Mo
julien

Post by julien »

I think you don't have the good drivers.
Try to use this one :
http://www.nicolaudie.com/downloads/fil ... driver.zip