Interface type/name

*DISCONTINUED* SLESA - SL512EC - SL512BC - SLMEV

Moderators: simonB, dylan, florent

eLeMenCy

Interface type/name

Post by eLeMenCy »

Hello,

I am tinkering with the SDK and was wondering what is the way to retreive the type/name of connected interface(s) i.e USB SLESA-U5 ?

Easy Standalone can do it (first dialog during launch time) so I guess that this is possible.
Any suggestions (or even bettersome code sample) on this would be greatly apreciated :)

Thanks in advance.
eLeMenCy

Post by eLeMenCy »

bump
julien

Post by julien »

I 'am sorry, you cannot retreive the product code of the interface.
eLeMenCy

Post by eLeMenCy »

Thanks for the insight - actually my question was possibly misleading - Ooops

I meant is there a way to retreive the model (not the name) of an interface (i.e in the SLESA range) so my software would be able to determine the number (and type) of ports (universe IN/OUT) available at anyone time.

If not yet possible, is there a way around this?
if not is this something planned for the future ?

Thanks in advance
julien

Post by julien »

What do you mean by model ?
eLeMenCy

Post by eLeMenCy »

By retrieving the model, I meant a way to retrieve if it is a SLESA-U5, a SLESA IP, a SLESA-U6 or any other Sunlite interfaces compatible with the SDK. This would give a simple mechanism to let applications determine the number of ports thus the number of available (IN or/and OUT) channels.

i.e assuming that 3 SLESA-U5 and 1 SLESA-U6 are currently connected to the PC (with all ports set to their defaults), my app could automatically determine that there are 4 OUT and 3 IN ports etc...
julien

Post by julien »

To make an difference between SLESA-U5 and SLESA-U6 the best thing to do for now is to use the serial number (DHC_SERIAL)
eLeMenCy

Post by eLeMenCy »

Great one thank you.

Does this means that there is no way right now to identify any other models such as the SLESA-IP or other Sunlite interfaces for that matter?

If so, is this something you are planning to add in the near future?

Also, not having a SLESA-U6 myself, I would be very grateful if you could tell me the difference between the SLESA-U5 vs SLESA-U6 serial numbers.
julien

Post by julien »

SLESA-IP don't use the same DLL.

For the serial number

first SLESA-U5 serial number -> 290000000
first SLESA-U6 serial number -> 60000000
eLeMenCy

Post by eLeMenCy »

Well I think I have all I need for the time being - thank you again :)