Compatibility

New features and a new user interface.

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, Ben

EVOLVEINSTALL
Experienced Forumor

Compatibility

Post by EVOLVEINSTALL »

Just wondering, the next beta version users of Sunlite 2 devices won't work with sunlite 3.

Is this a temporary thing, or do we need to pay for an upgrade to allow for Suite 3?
nick
Maxi Forumor

Re: Compactibility

Post by nick »

Hi,

I am sorry this is not a temporary thing. You will need to upgrade your interface in order to use Sunlite Suite 3 from the next beta onward. I am sure that we will have excellent upgrade discounts available for those moving from the Suite2 generation of interfaces. Dedicated Suite3 interfaces are not available now, but our Sunlite-BC (Suite3 capable) will be released before the end of the year.

Those with SUT capable interfaces (e.g. Sushi-DS or RB, MyDMX3.0, DVC-FUN) will be able to purchase a license or get a 30 day free trial when it becomes available on our web store. This will be available with the next beta I believe.

Kind Regards,

Nick.
Nicolaudie Tech Support
djservice

Post by djservice »

Hello,

this is supposed to mean now that I have an interface FC + for about 1300, - € and can not use the Sunlite Suite 3 and must pay again in addition. I bought the interface only 2 years ago and can now throw it into the bin.

Regards
Aldenhoven

Post by Aldenhoven »

This is really, really frustrating!!! I just ordered a suite 2 FC+ interface yesterday to be able to use suite 3 in the future. That was communicated as one of the usable interfaces! And now you are saying it will stop working!!! Unbelievable! What will be my options now? Will I be punished for hundreds of Euro's not reading the forum for a couple of days?
pperpot
Junior Forumor

Post by pperpot »

Hi nick,

Will the new Suite3 interfaces be compatible with Suite2 software ? or dedicated to Suite 3 ?

I've got a Suite2-FC interface (1st gen w/o ethernet) so I can't use it with Suite 3 beta because of hardware limitation.
In few weeks, I will have the opportunity to upgrade my interface to a new Suite 3 interface. So I suppose I will have to send you my old interface and you will send me the new one. This is great if everything works fine but otherwise I don't have any backup solution.

Best regards,
Olivier
nick
Maxi Forumor

Post by nick »

Hi,

I have updated the Suite 3 compatibility post to clarify what will and won't be compatible and future upgrade options :

http://forum.nicolaudie.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=40936

@Aldenhoven All interfaces purchased in or after the start of 2017 will receive a free upgrade to a Suite3 interface.

@djservice & pperpot If your interface is pre-2017, you will receive an excellent upgrade discount. The exact discount is yet to be determined as Sunlite Suite 3 is not yet an official product.

Kind Regards,

Nick.
Nicolaudie Tech Support
Aldenhoven

Post by Aldenhoven »

Thank you for the quick reply and offered solution.
pileo
Junior Forumor

Post by pileo »

Ok, what's this??

In this topic (http://forum.nicolaudie.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=40634) you answered:
nick wrote:Hi Pileo,

Suite2-FC and FC+ users will be able to use Sunlite Suite 3 without upgrading their controller. Users of Suite2-BC and EC devices will need to upgrade their devices using the upgrades program to receive a discount.

Sunlite Suite 3 is getting an updated interface and a new Timeline feature, designed to replace Easy Show and the Cycle editor. This will be integrated into the main software screen, where you'll be able to mix audio, video, scenes and switches.

Kind Regards,

Nick.
And now we have to buy a new one? Worst communication ever!!! Just don't have a forum then.
Really angry.
nick
Maxi Forumor

Post by nick »

Hi Pileo,

My apologies to contradict this earlier information given. I did not realise that interface compatibility had not been finalised at this early stage.

I have updated this post to correct the information and will pm you.

Kind Regards,

Nick.
Nicolaudie Tech Support
pileo
Junior Forumor

Re: Compatibility

Post by pileo »

No news or pm till now.
pileo
Junior Forumor

Post by pileo »

Same a week later. No News, message,... Poor communication!
Tronics
New Forumor

Post by Tronics »

I read this old nick post some month ago and I'm waiting for a clarification too. If you receive a pm can you share it with me please ?

The problem is worst than a price problem, the problem is than only beginner user will be able to beta-test sunlite suite 3 (BC et EC), it is impossible to test SS3 for FC user: SS2 FC and FC+ won't be compatible with SS3 beta, and SS3 FC and FC+ won't be on sale before 2019.
So for the next 2 years, no profesional user will be able to try SS3 and report any major problem, nothing before 2019, it's impossible for us to warn nicolaudie about possible big feature mistake (like the problem about easyshow removing).
nick
Maxi Forumor

Post by nick »

Hi,

Re Pileo: I have messaged you.

Re Tronics: The Suite3-EC will be able to be upgraded to have nearly all of the features of the current Suite2-FC. Any software features it does not have out-of-the-box will be upgradable via our website using SUT (Sunlight Upgrade Technology). You will only have to pay for what you use. It will also have a built in Wifi chip so you will be able to connect your computer directly to it.

The Suite3-EC won't have are the 3rd universe (you will be able to add Artnet universes), an SD Card (only useful for standalone) and network port (which is less useful with Wifi). We will be offering some very attractive upgrade prices for Suite2 to Suite3 devices. These upgrade prices are yet to be confirmed.

A quick reminder: this is still beta software which is in development. Some finer details are still being decided.

Many Thanks,

Nick.
Nicolaudie Tech Support
MikeTrynczer

Post by MikeTrynczer »

Hi,

I'm a little bit upset.
I'm using Sunlite for really many years now (i think it was from luminale 2004) and i'm still waiting for SS 2 to be finished without a ton of bugs and crashes. And now you tell me that i have to upgrade my boxes (2 pieces FC, 1 piece FC+) to get a new version which, i'm sure, has again more bugs. Sorry but this is disapointing.
nick
Maxi Forumor

Post by nick »

Hi Mike,

We appreciate your feedback.

If your Suite2-FC/+ boxes are older than 1st Jan 2017 we will offer you a great upgrade discount on Sunlite Suite 3 devices when comparable ones become available. If they're newer, you can get free upgrades. We will continue to support Sunlite Suite 2 for the foreseeable future with bug fixes and updates. Suite 2 is still our recommended choice for live production use.

Kind Regards,

Nick.
Nicolaudie Tech Support