Problem

Touch Sensitive Intelligent Control Keypad

Moderators: simonB, nick, florent

Dmiskiel

Problem

Post by Dmiskiel »

I have just installed the Stick ga2, I have (52)LightWild group control drivers controlling rgb strips and the problem we have is that after updating the firmware the unit will hold the setting for a few minutes ( static pink for example) and then just do random things scroll random colors. I used the RGB library because there was nothing for Lightwild in the library. Any ideas?

Thanks!
DM
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Problem

Post by simonB »

Which firmware version are you using? This was a known bug with a previous version so be sure you have the latest:
http://www.dmxsoft.com/global/ftp/hardwaremanager.zip
Simon
--
Sales/Support
Dmiskiel

Re: Problem

Post by Dmiskiel »

That was one of the first things I did, however, since then I did some detective work and the original electrical contractor used cat5 which I told him was fine provided he ran it was stranded and in conduit. He did run it in conduit (about 5') until the cable left the room and hit the cable tray which it runs in for about 100', this tray contains all sorts of high voltage (mains) cables. The other problem I discovered is not only did he use unshielded cat5, it's solid wire. I found breaks close to the terminations, I can only imagine that there are breaks all along the cable due to the way they manhandle this stuff. So I temporarily moved the controller close to the group drivers and used a twisted shielded pair to the controller and fine works like it is supposed to. My lesson is Electrical Contractors and DMX do not mix. I appreciate you looking into this for me.