hardware for 3 universes

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

jrukavina

hardware for 3 universes

Post by jrukavina »

purchased suite 2 w/3 universes and assumed this would work with the led strip decoders I have. thought I could daisy chain the decoders. so I have dmx512 decoders for rgb pixel control led lights. all I can address is the one universe. what other hardware do I need to control the other 2 universes. is there a dmx splitter or do I need 2 more controllers. what is the cheapest way to get control of 1536 addresses? is there a way to slave something like a enttec dmxusbpro
nick
Maxi Forumor

Re: hardware for 3 universes

Post by nick »

Hi,

Which hardware have you got? For example, is it a Suite2-FC or FC+? If so, the hardware (called SIUDI-7B) will look identical to that for the SLESA-UE7 shown in the datasheet below.
https://storage.googleapis.com/nicolaud ... eet_en.pdf

You can see the 3 pin and 5 pin XLR connectors can output 3 universes between them in Live mode.

Kind Regards,

Nick.
Nicolaudie Tech Support
jrukavina

Post by jrukavina »

so when I click the link this is what I get.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Access denied.</Message>
<Details>Anonymous caller does not have storage.objects.get access to nicolaudie-eu-litterature/Release/siudi_7b_datasheet_en.pdf.</Details>

BUT..... I did get the information somewhere else thru your tech support. my next question is there anyway to use all 3 universes in stand alone. will suite 3 or esa pro 2 support the 1536 addresses?

thank you
nick
Maxi Forumor

Post by nick »

Hi jrukavina,

Thank you for pointing out the error. There was a temporary website problem which I have now fixed.

> my next question is there anyway to use all 3 universes in stand alone.
No, you only have 2 universes in Standalone mode. This is due to a hardware limitation.

> will suite 3 or esa pro 2 support the 1536 addresses?
Sunlite Suite 3 will not, unfortunately, work with the Suite2-FC/FC+ controllers which are based on the SIUDI-7B hardware. Please read this forum post regarding compatibility and upgrades.
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=40936

Kind Regards,

Nick.
Nicolaudie Tech Support
jrukavina

Post by jrukavina »

so I had talked to you guys last year about a 3 universe sunlite standalone controller. I was wondering if it was still in the works? thanks
nick
Maxi Forumor

Post by nick »

Hello,

Yes, this is still in development, with a release scheduled for 2020. I can't really talk about it, but it will be more than 3 universes :)

Kind Regards,

Nick.
Nicolaudie Tech Support
jrukavina

Post by jrukavina »

holding breath for a year.... thanks