How do I backup midi console setup ?

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

steen4sun
Junior Forumor

How do I backup midi console setup ?

Post by steen4sun »

Hi
Sunlite 2015, feb ( waiting for new non beta version )
hardware EC
console akai lpd8, four page midi console.

When Im saving the show where I reference the midi controller is the midi console setup also saved ?
Current show setup I have one tab for each page the akai have ( p1 , p2. p3 , p4 )

Tia
Steen
nick
Maxi Forumor

Re: How do I backup midi console setup ?

Post by nick »

Hi Tia,

Yes, the midi console setup should also be saved in the showfile. Are you finding this is not happening? Are any console settings saving at all?

I recommend you try the latest beta version, as this contains many bug fixes.

Kind Regards,

Nick.
Nicolaudie Tech Support
steen4sun
Junior Forumor

Re: How do I backup midi console setup ?

Post by steen4sun »

Hi Nick
Thanks for the reply.

No I havent recently checked whether the show backup was actually working, I have done it a long time a go.

I remember that when Im importing a show Im asked whether I want to use the "console inside the show backup or the console that allready in the sunlite installation" and from your answer I believe that I allways shall use the midi console settings from the show backup.

regarding the use of beta software :

I think you could consider calling your patched versions for something else then "beta".
I might be wrong but usually software is named "beta" because this version isnt for production use.
An examble of this use of the word "beta" is this : https://downloads.mariadb.org/mariadb/+releases/

I think that you are stating that your last public release ( 27/01/2017 ) is for production use.

Kind regards
Steen
BTW ( By The Way ) : TIA = ( Thanks In Advance ) :-)