Page and General (Controller) dimmers

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

VinceC
Junior Forumor

Page and General (Controller) dimmers

Post by VinceC »

Hi All,

I am having a concerted effort to set up Sunlite Suite 2 to work with a BCF2000/BCR2000 combination, and I've hit a little snag - nothing to do with that combo I hasten to add.

I have set up separate pages for each fixture type, and have configured a BCF fader to act as the dimmer for each page. This works OK. Now, two fixtures (Chauvet Colorado 1 Tour and Chauvet Colordash Par) have a separate dimmer channel, whereas the third (Chauvet Colordash Quad) is simply an set of RGB channels with no specific dimmer channel.

I have also configured one BCF fader as a Master dimmer by linking it to the Controller General Dimmer. This works fine for the two fixtures with discrete dimmer channels, but refuses to dim the Quads.

I have checked the patching, and the Quads do have all RGB channels set for Dimmer and Page Dimmer, but they steadfastly refuse to be dimmed by the General Dimmer.

Any thoughts? Is this a bug, or am I missing something in terms of the fixture profile setup?

Cheers, Vince
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Page and General (Controller) dimmers

Post by simonB »

Hi Vince

I'm not sure why the RGB's are not dimmed when the fixtures don't have a dimmer channel. I'll see if we can have this implemented in the next beta.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
VinceC
Junior Forumor

Re: Page and General (Controller) dimmers

Post by VinceC »

Hi Simon,

I've been doing some more work with some other fixtures - specifically a pair of Futurelight MH640s.

The standard shipped MH640 profile has the dimmer channel set as a "free" channel, and the same thing happened with these - the page dimmer would work (so long as the dimmer channel is set for Page Dimmer in the patching matrix), but the global Controller dimmer wouldn't.

When I changed the MH640 profile dimmer channel to the type "dimmer" using the Scan Library Editor and set up a new page using that profile, the General dimmer did work, so there does seem to be a relationship there.

Thus I'm guessing that because an RGB channel can't, by definition, be a dimmer type channel, the Controller Dimmer doesn't take any notice of it.

Cheers, Vince