Midi control to EasyStep

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

Lightwave

Midi control to EasyStep

Post by Lightwave »

Hi All,

I am new here and wondering if there is a way to assign midi control (notes) to steps in the EasyStep editor.
Trying to get the moving lights position to reflect the pitch of the notes in a midi sequence. I understand I can create a scene for each note and trigger these but looking for an easier way to program and view these "Pitch steps".
Also, is there a pre made console for Midifighter 3D?

Lightwave
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Midi control to EasyStep

Post by simonB »

Hi, I've made something similar before and the only way with Suite 2 is to use the console and create a separate button for each note and then compress or hide these to save space.

I know it's a bit long winded unfortunately, but we're planning on implementing something into the editor as soon as we find the time.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
Lightwave

Post by Lightwave »

Cool, thanks :0)

Lightwave
Lightwave

Post by Lightwave »

Hi Simon,

A few things I could not figure out, will be great if you can help;

1. What is the best method to make a button momentary when using midi notes (Like the "Flash mode" for trigger key)? How to assign the velocity / Aftertouch of the note to the button's dimmer, how do I set the controller's number without a click on the console key? (I could send a velocity message from Ableton while "waiting for a midi command" but it seems complex and not sure I can isolate that message alone.

2. How can I set a delay or pre-delay to a fixture or effect / page? Providing most is happening to BPM, some fixtures take longer to respond and needs a different offset to the MTC to really sync in the real world.

3. How can I set Easy Time intervals in BPM mode? Meaning if an effect / chase completes a cycle once per music bar, 2 cycles per music bar etc. Moving the end point of the effect, or the timeline notes did not produce predictable results.

4. Sometimes I get the pan and tilt area grayed out in the editor, and can not change it with the mouse, what causes this? Some effects that are running in the timeline (When I have more than 1) can not be selected for all fixtures, compression does not work as well. What am I missing?

5. What is "magnetic" in the editor?

Lightwave