Beta 12feb2013

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

Geerinckx
Junior Forumor

Beta 12feb2013

Post by Geerinckx »

Hi all,

What changes dit you make with this new beta versions?

A few thinks thad i like to have in the software:

* Easy remote is great, gives me a big oppertunity to build a hardware console with a tablet in it. but wat i don't like is the fact thad when you wonna jump to an other preset you have to slide. Sometimes when i wonne change a pot value its slides to the next preset. I've seen when you edit a console button thad you have some triggers in the console tab. "Select next preset, select previous preset,....) but nothing works. and a little option in easy remote to disable the sliding feature and maybe full screen mode?

* Option to make your own master dimmer/master speed. Is it possible when you make a new zone in a layer. thad you have a master dimmer or master speed fader of thad zone. So every button/scene in thad zone has a button dimmer, a zone dimmer, a page dimmer... Thad will increasy flexibillety a lot!

* the option to fade OUT a button. Make a button to blind all pars, in easy time you can fade it in. but you can not fade out... becaus you don't know whene you gonne release the button.

* the option to pause a button. you have a white red chase running in easy step synq't to 1/2 beat (bpm) just an option like a dimmer/speed/size/fase fader. a pause button.

* The option to make effect engines, when you insert a new page, and you always make a surtan dimmer chase. to let the engine go on a shutter channel. or a collor chase bleu yellow,.... make it like a pallet maybe..

I know i ask alot, but i use you software 4 days a week. for 1000 people/night with my own build console( designed for sunlite2). and thad are the thinks i need...
I post some pictures soon of my console so you know where i'm talking about.

Greetings

Gert
Don't dream your life but live your dreams!
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Beta 12feb2013

Post by simonB »

What changes dit you make with this new beta versions?
Mostly minor bug fixes. We'll have another new beta available in a couple of weeks and I'll post an update then.
wat i don't like is the fact thad when you wonna jump to an other preset you have to slide.
I'll see if we can have this changed and also add the function to read the previous and next commands from suite 2 in a future update
Is it possible when you make a new zone in a layer. thad you have a master dimmer or master speed fader of thad zone.
Layers are just for display, they don't affect the programming. What you could do for the dimmer is:
-create a new switch
-assign the 'dimmer min/max' property to the fixtures you want to dim. Set the minimum to 255 and the maximum to 0
-in the switch properties, select 'This switch is always on' and set the priority to SUB
-Assign the dimmer of this switch to a fader on the console
the option to fade OUT a button
This is only possible with scenes (as you probably know). Fading out of switches is on our ideas list, but it's a big job
the option to pause a button
It's on our todo list. We're going to modify the speed dial so you can speed up, pause and reverse a scene or switch. Again, big job. We need to find the time
The option to make effect engines, when you insert a new page
I would like to include palettes in our pre-made effects in the future, this would be very powerful, but features like this benefit only 1% of customers so I prefer to have a good Easy Remote and a few user interface interface changes first. Unfortunately 95% of Sunlite Suite 2 users don't know what a palette is
Simon
--
Sales/Support