issues: controlling per midi

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

Threadrag
Junior Forumor

issues: controlling per midi

Post by Threadrag »

Hey guys,

I have bought Sunlite Suite 2 Basic with the Elation MIDICON and I have a few problems:

1. I don't now how to fade and link it to the MIDICON. I can set a fade time in the scene editor, but that's all. A fader on the MIDICON should change the fade time between steps and scenes,
so it behaves the same as the fade time on a normal dmx controller.

2. I like to use a button of the MIDICON to switch the phase button. But if I do so the phase button switches from 0 as default to 100. Is it possible to change the value to any other?

3. How do I pause a scene? I tried it with freezing the pages, but I can't dim it at the same time.

4. Is there any function to switche live the "time mode". For example I change the speed of a scene by a fader and later on I wanna do it with BPM sync/Tap sync.

5. I have programmed a Matrix with the ADJ Revo 4 on 256 Channel Mode. Everything works fine. I can see on PC the same Matrix and easily configure it in the scene editor.
But if I use the Text Matrix Effect the text is shown on PC, but nothing happend with the Revo. For those who don't now what the Revo is: It is a moonflower with 256 dots in a square,
every 4 dmx channel build a box of one red, green, blue and white LED and they aren't dimable.

Hope there are some solutions and a big thanks for everyone who can help me.
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: issues: controlling per midi

Post by simonB »

1. I don't now how to fade and link it to the MIDICON.
Right click on the console fader you want to link to a fading function. Click the star in the top right and go to 'Fade Scene'. You can assign the fader to a variety of different fade options. Right now,the fade speed is reset each time a scene is triggered (there may be an option in the future to not reset the speed)
2. I like to use a button of the MIDICON to switch the phase button
It is possible to scale an input range, however the output range is always 0-100%. The only solution is to set the MIDIcon to output a message of 50% when the button is pressed for example (to set the phasing at 50%)
3. How do I pause a scene?
This is not currently possible, however reversing and pausing scenes are planned for the future
4. Is there any function to switche live the "time mode".
Again I am afraid this is not possible as the BPM state is saved within the scene. We plan to add a function like this in a future version
5. I have programmed a Matrix with the ADJ Revo 4 on 256 Channel Mode. Everything works fine......but nothing happend with the Revo
Is there any output in the DMX level window?
It seems to work fine with me with a 4 channel RGBW fixture. If you would like to send me your revo 4 profile I'll make a test with this
Simon
--
Sales/Support
Threadrag
Junior Forumor

Post by Threadrag »

1. I've done that before, but assigning a fader to 'fade speed' of a page does not work. Is there anything else I must do?

2. How do I do that? I have not found that option in the software and I can't change it on the MIDIcon. I've not found anything programmable in the MIDIcons manual.

3.-4. OK;) I'll be waiting.

Attachments
ADJ Revo 4 256CH.zip
I've used 64 of these fixtures to build the revo 4
(3.7 KiB) Downloaded 356 times
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Hi
1. I've done that before, but assigning a fader to 'fade speed' of a page does not work. Is there anything else I must do?
Open the fade window and actvate the scene. As you move the MIDIcon fader, you should see the speed dial move in the fader window
2. How do I do that?
I'm not sure if it's possible. I don't have a MIDIcon.

Regarding the Revo Rave. The fixture profile is completely wrong. You can request that we build the fixture profile by logging into your account at www.nicolaudie.com/logme
Simon
--
Sales/Support
Threadrag
Junior Forumor

Post by Threadrag »

Now fading works a bit. I have programmed a two step test scene (LED PARs change between red an green) and I can change the fade time with the MIDIcon while the scene is active. If I do so by clicking the scene to start, the software is just fading once (step 1 to 2) and then it restarts and turn off fading. Is that the problem you have mentioned?
Right now,the fade speed is reset each time a scene is triggered
I guess I have found the reason why my Matrix doesn't work. It maybe only works with fixtures, who can change the color per pixel/dot like a LED PAR does.
Here I have a few pictures, which explain how my Revo 4 works: http://sdrv.ms/UJ0DuF

Or is there anything else wrong?
Threadrag
Junior Forumor

Post by Threadrag »

I have solved the problem with my matrix. I've just replaced the fixture profile by this one:
(profile will follow)
And edit the timeline working channels to work on dimmer presets not color mixing ones. For now on the software doesn't show me the right colors (just white and black), but all matrix effects are going to work quite well!