why?

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

gabrielefx
Junior Forumor

why?

Post by gabrielefx »

why for the 2012 open of Olympic games the lighting staff used this huge console and not Sunlite 2 ???

http://www.malighting.com/de/produkte/c ... -size.html
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: why?

Post by simonB »

A few reasons:
-I think a gig like this requires a lot of 'hands on' functions including lots of faders and buttons
-It can process 256 universes of DMX data
-it will probably run on a linux based embedded system which will provide extra stability
-generally very high end professionals look for an embedded solution, for example one of the reasons ProTools is the leading pro music daw for recording because it comes with digidesign hardware
Simon
--
Sales/Support
hsteppke
Super Forumor

Post by hsteppke »

and not to forget:
a GrandMa provides full redundancy
gabrielefx
Junior Forumor

Post by gabrielefx »

Ok,
I saw few youtube video tutorials about GrandMa
I really don't like a so minimal graphic (?) interface.

Probably GrandMa id designed for touch screens and the interface has no graphics.

What I think is that using two powerful laptops, two Sunlite 2 (the second for backup) and one ups is possible to handle big shows.

Probably the current version of Sunlite doesn't support a myriad of dmx universes and is not designed for touch screens and has not a dedicated (custom) dmx controller.

Dmx world is not complicated, we don't need super workstations to turn on-off lamps and their effects, Sunlite or GrandMA don't compute so complex algorithms.

The most Sunlite beautiful part is the interface. Elegant, clear, easy to use, powerful.

Imagine Sunlite 3 with its own dedicated controller with embedded dmx dongle, a new brand interface for touch screen operations, et voilà, you have created the best system to create light shows.