Change DMX output of pages

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

marius4560
New Forumor

Change DMX output of pages

Post by marius4560 »

Hi. I am wondering how you change the dmx output for all pages at once. Now, I have to enter the settings of a certain page (lets say, a 1 channel dimmer), and the enter the "patch" section, and then push the "insert a chosen scanlibrary fixture" to be able to change the dmx channel the page outputs to. Lets say I put my dimmer to DMX channel 5, and later I want to change it to DMX channel 6. Do I really have to enter "patch" then "insert a chosen scanlibrary fixture" to be able to change it? Or is there a DMX channel output page where I can change all the page dmx outputs at once? What is the easiest way to change the DMX output of multiple pages at once?
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Change DMX output of pages

Post by simonB »

I am wondering how you change the dmx output for all pages at once.
This is not possible. I don't understand why you would ever want to do this. Can you give me an example?
Simon
--
Sales/Support
hsteppke
Super Forumor

Post by hsteppke »

I guess what he is looking for is a Single Page where to patch all the Fixtures.

To be honest that would be nice but considering how often this is relay required (at least it dont see this often used for a particular show) and the fact that there is a way to re patch per page i would´t vote for it.
There are other items i guess the users are more interested in.

Regards
Holger
marius4560
New Forumor

Post by marius4560 »

Well, I am a neatfreak, and would love to be able to set up all the DMX channels in a logical order for easy rigging, after making the show. Usually, while making the show, I just put things in without considering the dmx order. I usually patch up the most important lights first (like moving heads), then I fill in with less important lights afterwards. But I usually want the PAR cans first in the DMX order (because the venues dimmer rack is pre-set from channel 1 to 36, and I don't want to set it to new channels cause if I forget to set them back it might become a hassle for the next light guy etc.) It would be easier to have a screen where I could just drag and drop all the fixtures to new dmx channels.