Is it a Bug? Clicking Switches and Scenes....

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

Tschosef
Experienced Forumor

Is it a Bug? Clicking Switches and Scenes....

Post by Tschosef »

Hello,

i am using the Beta Version from 23.12.11, and i found a funny thing :-)
For my Show (07.01.2012) now i create the Scenes. To simplify this, i created some Swiches... some are changing colors, others are changig Dimmers... and more (actually 32 Swiches on Masterpage, and some Scenes).

Now the funny thing:
Only the INIT scene on the Maserpage is selected.
I select a Swich (changing Intensity of Washlights by EasyTime Effekt).
Thenn i select a Scene (a Scene, also changing Intensity of Washlights).
The Surprise is ! The INI scene is still on !!??
If i click once more the init Scene and then the same Scene as before, the Init Scene is swiched off..
thenn... each Change of Scene is correkt... Init... and IntensityScene... okay

Now i swich of the Swich again !
and when i select the Scene now again... the init scene is not swiched off !

is this a bug?

i could do this also with other scenes, not only with Init Scene. Every time, i used a Swich (on or of) followed by changing the Selected Scene, the old on is still selected, also if i select a other scene.

best regards
Erich

PS: Its a funy software :-) realy some surprising effects inside.....
For example... sometimes, 2 of the console lights are going on. But i still was not able to find out the Reason for this.. i will describe it if i am able to describe it exact.

A other question:
Do you have some news for my Midi Console Problem with the conrollight from the console Buttons?

greez
Erich
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Re: Is it a Bug? Clicking Switches and Scenes....

Post by RichterMC »

Hi Erich,

can mail your show file to simon and me, please.
I try to reproduce this, but had no luck.

Best Gernot
Tschosef
Experienced Forumor

Post by Tschosef »

Hello Gernot,

i make a video of this..

www.dl.he-laserscan.de/BugMessage_InitScene.avi
(upload ready at 23:00)

first you see:
i select a Swich
Then select a Scene... INIT is still on.

Then you see, i click INIT (all Scenes and Swiches will be swiched off)
Thenn i select direct a Scene... INIT is swiched off

i will send the showfile next time.

greez
Erich
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Post by RichterMC »

Hi Erich,

this seems to be a GUI bug, I discover this some month back in an earlier Beta and they fixed it.
I will investigate some more and compare it to the older bug, I will also forward this to the developers.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Best Gernot
Tschosef
Experienced Forumor

Post by Tschosef »

Hello Genrot...

a other amacing effekt...

thank you.... Actually i found a other thing (not a problem for me, but cracy)

please see video :-)

http://www.dl.he-laserscan.de/AlsoAmacing.avi

first i select Swich "xxx 4" and then "xxx 3".... if i select 3... 4 is swiched off.

then first i select Swich"xxx 3 and then "xxx 4 " .... Swich xxx3 is NOT swiched off...

:-)

may be its the same problem... or bug

greez
Erich
hsteppke
Super Forumor

Post by hsteppke »

I believe i have seen similar from time to time. Very rarely Buttons don't get deactivate if another one is pressed even so they are eg Scene Buttons.

On one of my Shows Files i just started to work on i tryed it ..
On a Moving Head Page i have multiple Scene Buttons and one Switch (simple Chases on the Moving Head Dimmer Pages) now if i Activate one of the Scenes and then the Switch and then another Scene both Scenes stay active.
If i continue this eg press the Switch Button again (don´t matter if that Buttons becomes active or not) and then the next Scene i can get all Scene Buttons to stay active .
However it seams to me only the last Scene is really active in terms of DMX values.

http://www.team4m.de/CCC2012.shw

Bye
Holger
Tschosef
Experienced Forumor

Post by Tschosef »

However it seams to me only the last Scene is really active in terms of DMX values.
thats right... but if you then want to select the Swich, wich is still selected, you first must deselect it and then select it...

best regards
Erich
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Post by RichterMC »

Hi,

it seems that they already found the problem with the multiple "active" scenes and will fix it in the next beta.

@Erich
a other amazing effekt...
first i select Swich "xxx 4" and then "xxx 3".... if i select 3... 4 is swiched off.
then first i select Swich"xxx 3 and then "xxx 4 " .... Swich xxx3 is NOT swiched off...
This seems to be correct behavior.
Both switches are LTP with Auto release on.
Please take a closer look to the channels in both switches, it quite hard to see because you change so many channels in this switches.
A switch is only released on the page if all of the channels in the switch are overwritten, if there´s only one channel of the switch "on duty" it´s stays on, however many
channels are already overwriten by another switch.
I send you ein showfile with two switches "Test1" and "Test2", they will show the same behavior, but there´s not much going on in this switches, so you can easy see what´s going on and what I meant above.

Best Gernot
Tschosef
Experienced Forumor

Post by Tschosef »

This seems to be correct behavior.
Both switches are LTP with Auto release on.
Please take a closer look to the channels in both switches, it quite hard to see because you change so many channels in this switches.
A switch is only released on the page if all of the channels in the switch are overwritten, if there´s only one channel of the switch "on duty" it´s stays on, however many
channels are already overwriten by another switch.
I send you ein showfile with two switches "Test1" and "Test2", they will show the same behavior, but there´s not much going on in this switches, so you can easy see what´s going on and what I meant above.
hello Gernot,

thank you for reply.... I saw your example.... and understand it.... (neraly)....
In my case, this swiches i talk abought are changing positions of moving lights.

Code: Select all

A switch is only released on the page if all of the channels in the switch are overwritten, if there´s only one channel of the switch "on duty" it´s stays on,
okay.... this is it.... it says.. if only one moving light dont change its position (x or y... may be the LowByte Value is the same) then the swich is not released?

in this case i understand the situation....
as i told.. .actually this is not a problem, because with the midi Controler i am able to swich of the other (not longer used) swich.... so it works....

Today we did the setup of our eqipment..... it works :-) nearly the same look like in the simulation :-) only some changes was necessary.... nice tool, the simulation.

greez
erich
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Post by RichterMC »

In my case, this swiches i talk abought are changing positions of moving lights.
Not just positions of moving lights !
Take a closer look to switch "Position_Publikum3", please.
There´s a lot more going on than just change Pan/Tilt values of the moving heads.
There´s a Gobo change in the "CoevVerfolger", Gobo, Index, Prisma and Prisma Rotation on the "Robe-Colorspot, same with the "Performance 250 Disco".

In switch "Position_Publikum4" you really only change Pan/Tilt.

And now think again what a have written above ... :-)
Today we did the setup of our eqipment..... it works :-) nearly the same look like in the simulation :-) only some changes was necessary.... nice tool, the simulation.
Schön, datt es so gut geklappt hat. Wann ist denn die erste richtige Show ?

Best Gernot
Tschosef
Experienced Forumor

Post by Tschosef »

Hello Gernot,
Take a closer look to switch "Position_Publikum3", please.
wow... thank you.... i found it... :-)
A tip for other users....
to find it, Swich on the DMX Level Window..... Select the first Swich, then select the next swich (now both swiches are on), then Deselect the first swich, and now, in the DMX Levels, you see the Value(s) Changing, wich are only used in the first swich, but not in the second....

Greez
Erich