BCR2000 Controller with Suite2

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

VinceC
Junior Forumor

BCR2000 Controller with Suite2

Post by VinceC »

Hi All,

I think this is primarily a question for the development guys, but any thoughts regarding the use of a BCR2000 with Suite 1/2 gratefully received!

I plan to use the three rows of rotary encoders to bring up chase/cascade type effects, pre-programmed on switches. The aim being to fade in (and out) an effect that will overlay an already runnning scene. To make this work I plan to set the switches on "Always On", and use the BCR2000 encoders to control the dimmers (i.e. control the affected DMX channel levels) on those switches.

The question is this:

If a switch is ON, does Sunlite have to process the switch program even if the channel levels are all set to zero?

I ask because if I had, say 24 switches with fairly complex colour change patterns programmed all permanently switched ON, this would put a fair processing load on the software and thus the computer. If Sunlite only has to do its work when the DMX channel levels go above zero, then my idea may work.

Many thanks,

Cheers, Vince
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: BCR2000 Controller with Suite2

Post by simonB »

The switch info will be processed even if the dimmer is 0, but technically you should be able to have 1000 buttons activated at the same time without any problem. Remember that Suite2 can control 40 universes of DMX data! There's no complex calculations and graphics involved here, its just number mashing.
Simon
--
Sales/Support