Feature: Audio Analysis per Stereo Channel

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

hsteppke
Super Forumor

Feature: Audio Analysis per Stereo Channel

Post by hsteppke »

Another Feature that would be great (at least for me)

The Audio Analysis Function with the Bands is great but it could be us full if there would be a way of having different Bands/Levels for each of a Stereo channel.
Doesnt need to be Live. Like with VSA from http://www.brookshiresoftware.com there you could load a wave or maybe 4 different waves with multiple channels each and then let "wave 1 left" generate a pattern for Device xyz/Channel1 and "wave 1 right" would generate a pattern for another channel. (Theres a Demo you can try with)

Why this could be of use. Lets assume i would have a wave containing a dialogue of 2 or more people where each of the channels represents one of the persons i would like to actually get a amplitude controlled DMX value for each of the persons so that something like the jaw on a skull follows the individual channels amplitude.

Anyway your software is already great for what i normally us it :)
I just build some stuff for Halloween and would have if possible used the same Software i already got.

Regard
Holger
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Feature: Audio Analysis per Stereo Channel

Post by simonB »

Thats a nice idea. I think only 0.01% of the Suite 2 users will find a use for this, infact I think only 0.1% of users will make use of the Bargraph function as it is now, but we can think about it for a future version.
Simon
--
Sales/Support