MIDI controlling. Need expert advice!

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

vlad
Junior Forumor

MIDI controlling. Need expert advice!

Post by vlad »

Hi

yesterday I began to work with MIDI controller (BCR2000) and I have such questions that I can't find solutions

1. How can I make button on MIDI controller to work as "flash" button. I mean wile I'm holding the button the scene or whatever else should work and when I release the button the scene stops work?

2. I had such issue: I assigned some scene to a button on MIDI controller (as button activation) and when I push this button the scene become active (start working) but when I turn off the button (the LED indicator stops shine) the scene doesn't stop. I tried to fix it in edit mode (where the radio buttons Trigger level - In acive level/Outside active level) but it didn't help. So what is the way to stop the function when the button turned off?

3. Let's assume that we need to assign some page's dimmer to a fader on MIDI console. But we do not whant to have a possibility to make the dimmer level 100%. I.e. the maximal dimmer level should be 90 %. So what is the way to do it?

4. This question is simmular to previous. How can I make the page speed function in the range not -100/0/+100 but -15/0/+15 (for example)? I mean everybody had seen it when the page speed is 100 (or even 50) the moving heads can't finish their movings. Thay just going crazy! so what is the way to assign to a MIDI fader the range less than -100/0/+100?

Maybe someone fased with same issues and have a clue to it please post it

Thank's in advance
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: MIDI controlling. Need expert advice!

Post by simonB »

hi
1. How can I make button on MIDI controller to work as "flash" button. I mean wile I'm holding the button the scene or whatever else should work and when I release the button the scene stops work?
This is something you need to set on your BCR. There is a similar thread regarding the BCF, I guess the method is similar on the BCR....
You need to change the mode of the Key on the BCF2000 from ToggelOn to ToggelOff
- On the BCF2000 Press Edit + The Key you want to change
- Turn Encoder 6 (Mode) till you see "toff"
- exit
- Store
- Store
Once you have done this the Button does send Note On when pressed and Note off when released.
This allows you to use them as flash keys. You can also get them to work as Toggel for a Switch however then you wont see the LED as there is no Feedback.

Maybe the best Option is to set 1/2 of the Keys to ToggelOn and the other half to toggel Off so you have Buttons to be used as Flash keys and others to turn on a Scene/Switch.
I assigned some scene to a button on MIDI controller (as button activation) and when I push this button the scene become active (start working) but when I turn off the button (the LED indicator stops shine) the scene doesn't stop.
You cannot switch scenes off. 1 scene must always be running.
3. Let's assume that we need to assign some page's dimmer to a fader on MIDI console. But we do not whant to have a possibility to make the dimmer level 100%. I.e. the maximal dimmer level should be 90 %. So what is the way to do it?
This is not possible with the page dimmer. The only way to achieve this in suite2 is to make your own page dimmer. Create a switch, assign a dimmer min max to all dimmer channels, makte the max 90%, go into the switch settings, set the property "this switch is always on" and then pair the console with the dimmer of the switch.
4. This question is simmular to previous. How can I make the page speed function in the range not -100/0/+100 but -15/0/+15 (for example)? I mean everybody had seen it when the page speed is 100 (or even 50) the moving heads can't finish their movings. Thay just going crazy! so what is the way to assign to a MIDI fader the range less than -100/0/+100?
Not currently possible in Suite 2 I'm afraid. What you could do is scale the controller values sent from your BCR. I'm pretty sure this is possible, check out p 14 of the manual, you can use encoder 5 to set the max control change value sent.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
vlad
Junior Forumor

Re: MIDI controlling. Need expert advice!

Post by vlad »

allright

I'll try to take your advices

If i'll find some more ways to solve this problems or if I'll have some more questions I will certainly post it here

Many thanks