sunlite update

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

chaos213
Junior Forumor

sunlite update

Post by chaos213 »

I have Sunlite Suite SL1024 EC, and I want to update to SUITE2-EC. I have seen the prices on www.nicolaudie.com and it says it costs 399 euros. (These prices do not include VAT and carriage cost.)

However I have searched in THOMANN and found a new interface without updating at 522 euros (http://www.thomann.de/es/sunlite_sunlit ... _class.htm

Why is there so little difference? I bought my SL1024 EC just a couple of years ago, and paying now another 400 euros its a lot of money. Why pay for an update 400 euros + VAT and carriage if I can get a new one for 522 euros and have two interfaces? Shouldnt be the update a lot cheaper?

Thanks.
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: sunlite update

Post by simonB »

Suite 2 is a huge update from Suite 1, it is a complete re-write of the software from the ground up. There are people who have been using the SL1024EC for 5 years now. Not only is the software different but a new designed interface is also required. We only make a major update like this once every 10 years. Really with Suite2 you are not buying an upgrade but a brand new product.

Note that 399 is the price to update from an SL1024FC, the EC is 429.

Anyway, send me an e-mail with your serial and proof of purchase and I will see if I can arrange a discount.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
chaos213
Junior Forumor

Post by chaos213 »

I understand its a complete new hardware and software, and that's great!

But I don't understand that I can get a complete new interface Suite 2 EC for 522 euros (including VAT + carriage) , and if I make an upgrade and give you my "old" interface, I have to pay 429 + VAT and carriage. It's almost the same price! All I am saying is that its not worth making the upgrade:

Upgrade 429 + VAT and carriage = 1 Interface SUite 2 EC, i give you my old interface.
THOMANN: 522 euros = 1 Interface Suite EC + My "old interface". I keep the two interfaces for almost the same price.

Do you see what I mean? I would expect a cheaper price for the upgrade.

Thanks.
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Thats because thomann is a distributor, so of course it will be cheaper.

As I said, e-mail me and I will see if I can arrange a discount.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
chaos213
Junior Forumor

Post by chaos213 »

I sent you a Private message. Thank You.