BCF 2000 using keys as flash key

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

hsteppke
Super Forumor

BCF 2000 using keys as flash key

Post by hsteppke »

Hi,

i struggel to use the key on a BCF 2000 as flash key. I checked a few options in the Midi Settings and i could not get it working.
It always aktivates a Scenen and the light on the button lights up :) So it toggels a Scene on/off.

Holger
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: BCF 2000 using keys as flash key

Post by simonB »

I don't think the BCF 2000 sends a message when a key is released, correct me if I'm wrong.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
hsteppke
Super Forumor

Post by hsteppke »

Yes your right .. i did not thought about that one.

Already found that the BCF buttons also support a mode call "Toggel Off" where they send ON when the Button is pressed and Off when its released. Will try to get it changed on all my Buttons, hope that i still can get Scenes Aktivated with feedback to the LED.

Will keep you posted :)

Regards
Holger
hsteppke
Super Forumor

(resolved) Re: BCF 2000 using keys as flash key

Post by hsteppke »

Hi,

i tested itand it works.

You need to change the mode of the Key on the BCF2000 from ToggelOn to ToggelOff
- On the BCF2000 Press Edit + The Key you want to change
- Turn Encoder 6 (Mode) till you see "toff"
- exit
- Store
- Store
Once you have done this the Button does send Note On when pressed and Note off when released.
This allows you to use them as flash keys. You can also get them to work as Toggel for a Switch however then you wont see the LED as there is no Feedback.

Maybe the best Option is to set 1/2 of the Keys to ToggelOn and the other half to toggel Off so you have Buttons to be used as Flash keys and others to turn on a Scene/Switch.

Bye
Holger

P.S. Will furter see if i can get Feedback working to the LEDs so that in ToggelOff the LED would be on if a Button is turned on.
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Hi Holger

Had the same problem myself just now, really usefull piece of information, thanks!
Simon
--
Sales/Support