Questions about keys in Suite 2:

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

chaos213
Junior Forumor

Questions about keys in Suite 2:

Post by chaos213 »

-How do I freeze a page in Suite 2?
I used the F12 key in Suite 1, and now I don't know how to use the freeze option with a key.

-How do I assign a key to a scene or switch? In suite 1, i used Ctrl + KEY, is there such a way in Suite 2? I know how assign a key in Settings - Trigger, but i would like to know if there's a faster way like in Suite 1.

-I liked to change the Phase of a Scene using the keys Ctrl+shift+Scene. But now it doesn't work. Is there a way to change the phase of a scene with keys?
Thanks!
hsteppke
Super Forumor

Re: Questions about keys in Suite 2:

Post by hsteppke »

-How do I assign a key to a scene or switch?
shift + right klick -> "Link to Keyboard" and then press the key you want to get linked.
And in the manual -> http://www.nicolaudie.com/online_manual ... dfPgY7.htm
eg the Flash mode can be changed in the shift + klick -> Settings -> Triggering later on.

For MIDI it is the same way. Plus that i recommand for Midi going to the consol window to check/changes settings for the Relevant Buttons there.
Eg i assining a Fader as Scene Dimmer and to activate a Scene. Once done i you need to adjust the level for activation so that the Scene becomes aktive from 1-127 (straight when you start moving the Fader) and to do this you need the Consol Window showing your consol (Right klickt on the relevant Fader/Button)
-I liked to change the Phase of a Scene using the keys Ctrl+shift+Scene. But now it doesn't work. Is there a way to change the phase of a scene with keys?
- When a Scene is aktive on the page top there is a tab showing the Phase/Speed/Dimm/Size
- shift+right and then show eg the Phase dial. It is shown on the Scene Button then.
- shift - click on a Button show a seperate small window with teh Dials.

-> http://www.nicolaudie.com/online_manual ... dfPgY7.htm

Hope i could help

Holger
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

-How do I freeze a page in Suite 2?
You can freeze a page by checking the Freeze checkbox on the pages panel. This is the 3rd checkbox along next to the lock checkbox
You can link this to the console by right clicking the page on the pages panel and selecting Link to console->page freeze
You should be able to assign a keyboard shortcut to this by going to Software Preferences->shortcuts, however it appears that we have forgotten to add this, it will be available in the next beta next week
-How do I assign a key to a scene or switch?
Shift+Right click-> link to keyboard. There is a reason we had to scrap the old method...but I can't remember right now!
there a way to change the phase of a scene with keys?
This is now done by adding a phase dial. This can be linked to the console
Simon
--
Sales/Support
chaos213
Junior Forumor

Post by chaos213 »

-Shift+Right click-> link to keyboard. There is a reason we had to scrap the old method...but I can't remember right now!

-You can freeze a page by checking the Freeze checkbox on the pages panel. This is the 3rd checkbox along next to the lock checkbox
You can link this to the console by right clicking the page on the pages panel and selecting Link to console->page freeze
You should be able to assign a keyboard shortcut to this by going to Software Preferences->shortcuts, however it appears that we have forgotten to add this, it will be available in the next beta next week

THANKS for the answers. I'm used to work with the keyboard, and definately it was faster with the old suite 1 and the old way of working.

For the freeze, I think it was cool and fast, in a certain moment to press F12. I hope it's available in the next beta.

And why did you scrap the old method to link to keyboard? Now It takes more time to assign the keys, when in the old method it was faster and easier. Is there a chance to continue using the old method in the next beta?

I guess i would have to get used to the new method.
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

And why did you scrap the old method to link to keyboard?
I had a look into this and actually this was just forgotten...it won't be in the next release (tomorrow) but it'll be in the release after (april)
Simon
--
Sales/Support