Suite 2 Beta test - Cycle observations

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

VinceC
Junior Forumor

Suite 2 Beta test - Cycle observations

Post by VinceC »

Hi All,

I've just started to look at Sunlite Suite 2, using the 3rd November 2010 version. I started by creating a few scenes and switches, and then created a cycle using some of the scenes in a simple sequence.

I use cycles extensively in my Sunlite Suite programming to manually step through a set of scenes when lighting live bands. This allows me to co-ordinate the scene changes with the music and add some "busking" feel as well.

In Suite 1, this is achieved by setting each cycle step to "GO", and using the Page Up and Page down keys to step up or down the cycle stack.

Suite 2 appears to work differently: the Page Up/Down keys don't work, and even if the cycle steps are set to "GO", they still run for the duration shown on the timeline. Also in Suite 1 it was possible to select all steps and globally set them to "GO", where this is not possible in Suite 2. This would be a nice feaure to get back.

Am I missing something, or is there a better way to achieve my "busking" cycle configuration?

One more general observation - there is a list of the available shortcuts documented in the Sunlite Suite Manual (including the all important Page Up/Page Down!)- they are not in the Sunlite Suite 2 Manual as yet. Is this because they are not implemented, or just not documented yet?

Cheers, Vince
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Suite 2 Beta test - Cycle observations

Post by simonB »

Hi Vince

There will be buttons for previous/next added to the cycle dialog, it's on the todo list but we have a lot of bugs to fix first.

For now, you can assign a MIDI command to the previous, next and go functions within the midi console.

Regarding keyboard shortcuts, go to the starting parameters and select Shortcuts. The cycle previous, next and go buttons added to this list soon.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Post by RichterMC »

Hi Vince,

all good points you mention here.
Sometimes I like to use the cycles as a simple "Cue-List" aswell.

Simon wrote:
For now, you can assign a MIDI command to the previous, next and go functions within the midi console.
I try this but it won´t work.

Best Gernot
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

hmm I'm thought this worked but your right it doesn;t in the latest release..
Simon
--
Sales/Support