DMX-In recording and playback in Suite 2 ?

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

DMX-In recording and playback in Suite 2 ?

Post by RichterMC »

Hello Simon,

I,ve got some questions about DMX-In recording.

Will it be possible in the future to record DMX-In direct in Suite 2 ?
I know I can record DMX-In with the Tools, but I can´t use the recorded files in Suite 2,
or is there a way to trigger this files from a button in Suite 2 ?
At the moment the DMX-In files can only be playback from the SD-card in Stand-Alone-Mode,
or am I wrong ?

Best Gernot
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: DMX-In recording and playback in Suite 2 ?

Post by simonB »

Hi Gernot

That's correct, at the moment there is no DMX recorder integrated into Sunlite, only in the hardware tools. However it is possible to record snapshots:
1. patch channels from the DMX input to channels within the suite 2 button editor.
2. Select a static step on the DMX desk
3. Go to Suite2, create a new scene "as you see now"
4. Repeat the above 2 steps for each step in your scene on your desk
5. Trigger the scenes from a cycle and copy the fade/wait values from your DMX desk

Ok...if you have a scene on your desk with 100 steps this is a very long winded way of doing things, but if you have a scene on your desk with 5-10 steps it won't take so long and you will have a more accurate capture which can then be edited. This would not be possible if you took a snapshot every 100ms from an incoming DMX feed for example.

However, I will see if we can integrate a DMX capture device somewhere in a future release.
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Post by RichterMC »

Hi Simon,

thanks for your advice.

This sounds like a very good solution if you like to capture some static cues from a DMX-Desk.
However, I will see if we can integrate a DMX capture device somewhere in a future release.
This would be nice, maybe a frist step could be to make the recorded files from the Tools playable in Suite 2.
Just like an audiofile, set the location of the file in the button settings and when you activate the button the
recorded file will be playback from the harddrive.
This way you could use the recorded files from the Tools in live mode and not only in stand alone mode.

Best Gernot
hsteppke
Super Forumor

Post by hsteppke »

Hi,

as there is a note for one of the last releases "DMX input recording" does that mean this is now available ?
If yes is there a howto ?

Regards
Holger
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Hi Holger

Yes, this is now available.
-create a new scene/switch and edit
-open the DMX input window
-Click the record icon in the top left of the DMX input window
-Select the channel range and drag it onto the appropriate channels in the Channels window
-click record to start recording straight away, or click the 3rd icon along to begin recording once the input changes
-when you are done, click the pause button, or click the 4th icon along to automatically stop when all the values are equal to the first step
-click the 5th icon along to convert to an easytime sequence
Simon
--
Sales/Support