beta 26th jul

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

Astey
Junior Forumor

beta 26th jul

Post by Astey »

hi simon,

a big deal for me is the master cycle function, which doesn't work as expected. I would like to catch scenes and switches from different pages and trigger them with the master cycle button to light up the whole club/venue/stage with one button. this is important to be able to trigger all the scenes right in time. furthermore you can follow on the midi-interface which scene is active right now and can change scenes on single pages.

how can i play a full scene (without looping) after another without triggering? like chaining scenes

- bug: you can't update the *ssl2 pages in suite2 ones they are configured. this makes editing the fixtures afterwards impossible. page must be deleted and added again. ->maybe by accepting the settings button the ssl2 file should be read again.

- fx logic: gradient effect handles the phase not the best way, because the sliders get cut off. for example change the color of a movinghead, set phase more than 20 to see it right. the last moving head shows only 2 or 3 colors and resets.

- lose scenes: due the soundpanel isn't ready, once hitting the following-beat-button (accidentally) the scene is lost, because the timeline button isn't available

- not sure if its a bug: limiting the range of movingheads is to protect areas from light, but by panning 180° & tilt 90° the limitation is gone (on the other side) and the place gets lit up. by limiting the other side too the desired place keeps dark but the moving head cant move any more.

regards cedric
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: beta 26th jul

Post by simonB »

Hi Cedric

I understand we need to sort the master page Cycles out asap. I have asked the developers to put this to the top of the priorities list and to make sure it is ready for September.
how can i play a full scene (without looping) after another without triggering? like chaining scenes
Using a cycle is the only way to do this.
you can't update the *ssl2 pages in suite2 ones they are configured
This is another feature we are aiming to have ready for the official release in September
fx logic
I agree there are a few problems with the effects generator. We need to get the effects development team on this. It won't happen for September unless there are any major issues/bugs, but we will have it sorted in the near future.
the soundpanel isn't ready
I am assuming you mean the EasyStep sound icon? This should be ready within the next couple of weeks.

Thanks again and keep the bugs coming! We are aiming for a nice stable release for September.
Simon