siudi7b ethernet problems

User based support for the SLESA-U7 - SLESA-UE7 - SUITE2-FC

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, florent, Ben

tojinzgz
New Forumor

siudi7b ethernet problems

Post by tojinzgz »

i have a siudi7b with problems with ethernet connection: impossible connection. not recognized ip address
i update firmware to 1.22 2015-01-23
on usb runs ok

ethernet information:
current ip address: functionality not supported by the device
current network mask: functionality not supported by the device

i can´t change the ip address, subnet mask and gateway
i put the new address and then click "send configuration" but not change nothing
i need ethernet connection to work
solution?
thanks
tojinzgz
New Forumor

Re: siudi7b ethernet problems

Post by tojinzgz »

hi
the problem is solved.
i try to reinstall new firm and runs ok
thanks
peteknobloch
Junior Forumor

Post by peteknobloch »

I am also having this very same problem. When I execute the Hardware.exe function it says that I have the SIUDI7B hardware but I can't get it to connect to my network. It so happens that my network matches your configured Gateway address of 192.168.0.1 so didn't try to change the address. I did try to do the "Send Configuration" function but no change. When the network plug is connected, the green light just above the power light turns ON. When I do the Connectivity test, it continues to say "Test not performed yet". There is a green led above the network light that is labeled # that changes state when I do the test.

When I performed the "Send Configuration" function while connected to the gateway modem, I now see the 2nd SIUDI7B device which is on the network. This came up after I reopened the Hardware.exe file. I still can't do the test but it gives a different error now which reads "Failed" device has not replied in the expected Timeframe".
I did notice in the Ethernet siudi7b panel that the network mask and the Gatway fields are both 000.000.000.000 which might be the problem.

I should note that the top 2 fields show Current IP address of 192.168.0.168 with a Current Network Mask of 255.255.255.0 which I assume was assigned to the unit.

Hope this information helps. I have Firmware version 1.22
Ben
Super Forumor

Post by Ben »

Hi there,

Please can I check that you are using the latest version of the software from our website?

Direct link:
http://www.nicolaudie.com/en/download.htm

If you could try refreshing the firmware like tojinzgz did and see if that helps?

If not let me know and we can investigate further.

Kind regards,

Ben
Benno
--
Product Support
peteknobloch
Junior Forumor

Post by peteknobloch »

I'm sorry that it took so long to respond. I did do the update of the ESA Pro software and then did the the Firmware Update but still am having problems with doing the test. I think it has to do with me not understanding the IP: field in the Hardware Manager. Which IP address should be used here. Should it be an unused address, an address that is going to be used for the device or is it the IP address of the PC that will be used to connect to the unit. I can't find any documentation about what the fields are used for.

Pete
Ben
Super Forumor

Post by Ben »

Hi Pete,

No problem, please could you try the following to see if that helps with the connection?

- First test with DHCP (this is when the router gives the IP address settings to the controller). DHCP can be enabled on the Ethernet tab of the hardware manager, but it must be connected by USB

- If this doesn't solve the problem, try with a static IP address, you need to be sure that the address is on the same range as the router, so if the routers IP address is something like 192.168.1.1, then the interfaces IP address must be 192.168.1.XXX where XXX is a number between 0 and 255

- Failing that, try and disconnect all wired and wireless network devices from the computer, connect the interface directly to the computer and put static IP addresses on both the computers network card and the SIUDI-7B. For example: 192.168.1.1 on the computer and 192.168.1.2 on the SIUDI-7B with 255.255.255.0 as the subnet mask. Default gateway is not needed here so can be left empty.

Hope this helps.

Ben
Benno
--
Product Support
peteknobloch
Junior Forumor

Post by peteknobloch »

Well I finally had about 6 or more hours to start checking things out. I must say right now that I was trying to connect the siudi_7B on a wireless network using a Century Link ZyXEL PK5001Z modem. I had to resurrect an old Windows XP PC that had the wired Ethernet port which I used to do some of my testing.

I first tested the siudi and the XP PC on the directly connected cable and when I executed the hardware.exe funtion, it always worked whether I selected the static IP or the DHCP Auto Assign IP mode. My wireless PC with Windows 8.1 doesn't have a port to connect the cable directly to the PC so this wasn't tried.

When I execute the hardware.exe command on a wireless Windows 8.1 PC, it says that "It seems like the device is disconnected" and indicates that PORT 2430 or PORT 34301-9 should be open. I get this message most of the time but I sometimes get a message indicating its not connected and I have to power cycle the siudi so it is recognized on the network again.

I have tried to get my CenturyLink modem to pass PORT 2430 but it seems like it doesn't work and I don't have much experience with this modem. I got it so screwed up my browser stopped working on the WEB and I couldn't use anything. I was able to remove all the info that I added to pass PORT 2430 and was able to get things back to normal.

Something that I did try was doing a PING on the wireless PC to IP address 192.168.0.168 and it has always worked whether I have the DHCP field checked or not. So it is seeing the IP address, but probably not the port 2430 value. I hope this helps.
peteknobloch
Junior Forumor

Post by peteknobloch »

After thinking and talking with my friends, they think my problem might be in the firewall in the PC in the problem and not the router. I went and disabled it by going to:
"Control Panel->Windows Firewall->Turn Windows Firewall On or Off" area and turned it OFF. The hardware.exe function started working over the Windows 8.1 wireless PC. So at least I found out where the problem is.

When I re-enabled the Windows Firewall, it seems to still be working, at least with the ESA Pro software. I had a 2nd hardware.exe function that was installed with the ESA2 install that didn't seem to work. I went back into the Windows Firewall->Advanced Settings and modified parameters in the "Inbound Rules" area but found out that I was trying to open 2 of the hardware.exe applications at the same time. Due to this mistake, I don't know if changing these rules helped or not. I hope that others with similar problem might learn from my ramblings.

The good thing is that it is finally working and both the ESA Pro and the ESA2 software packages can program and store the DMX light scenes wirelessly over my Windows 8.1 PC. Yay.

Pete
Ben
Super Forumor

Post by Ben »

Hi Pete,

Glad you have managed to fix your problem!

Kind regards,

Ben
Benno
--
Product Support