Older SIUDI-7A interface stopped working with ESA or ESApro

User based support for the SLESA-U7 - SLESA-UE7 - SUITE2-FC

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, florent, Ben

69morpho
Junior Forumor

Older SIUDI-7A interface stopped working with ESA or ESApro

Post by 69morpho »

Hi there,

One of my older SIUDI-7A interfaces stopped working with ESA or ESApro. It is not getting recognized by the applications.

If I run the Hardware Configuration tool I can still update the firmware and it even works in the Test tab. It sends and receives data but neither ESA nor ESApro recognizes the interface.

Hardware Configuration shows a serial number of -1 and a product code of 10001. I assume that indicates that something is quite wrong with the interface. Since it still sends and receives DMX data in the Hardware Configuration Test tab it might be salvageable.

Can the interface be reset to full functionality with ESA and ESApro?

Thanks for your help,

Erwin
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Older SIUDI-7A interface stopped working with ESA or ESA

Post by simonB »

Hi Erwin

Try to format the SD card and then re-write the firmware. If the product code is still -1 then there's a problem with the interface and we'll need to arrange an RMA. Send me an e-mail
Simon
--
Sales/Support
GaetanP
New Forumor

Re: Older SIUDI-7A interface stopped working with ESA or ESA

Post by GaetanP »

Hello all,

I had a similar problem few week ago, both my desktop and laptop could not find the interface.
I thought it was broken. I finally found out that the 5V coming from my USB port was not strong enough
to supply the interface. I finally connected it to a powered USB hub and my interface was detected again.
Be aware that when a peripheral needs more current from the USB 5V you can experienced all kinds of
problem, and a simple USB key will still work. Same thing wit Apple Pads, Pods and Phones. When they are
not detected, try using an externally powered Usb hub instead of the computer usb port.
It may also be the solution to the intermittent flashes I posted about few months ago. I have not seen any
since I use an externally powered USB hub.

GaetanP