Stick KE1 Operation Question

User based support for the Sunlite Touch Sensitive Intelligent Control Keypad

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, Ben

Dawsfactor
New Forumor

Stick KE1 Operation Question

Post by Dawsfactor »

Hi,

Just wondering if there is a way to set the downfade time when an active button on a scene is pressed to release it rather than have it snap off.

Cheers

J
nick
Maxi Forumor

Re: Stick KE1 Operation Question

Post by nick »

Hi J,

There is a setting to force a fade time between scenes.

1) Open HardwareManager and plug your StiCK-KE1 into a USB port.
2) Go to the Settings tab.
3) Enable 'Scene Fade', 'Force Scene Fade' and set a Time duration for the fade.
4) Press store settings.

If you want your scenes to fade to off, you could set them to 'loops 1' (i.e. play once) and design a fade to black into your scene. Black is the same as off. In ESA Pro you would use a static black block with a fade time on it.

Please come back to me if you need further help.

Kind Regards,

Nick
Attachments
stick-ke1.png
stick-ke1.png (37.96 KiB) Viewed 9542 times
Nicolaudie Tech Support
Dawsfactor
New Forumor

Post by Dawsfactor »

sorry for my slow reply here,

but basically im just looking for it to not snap off.

eg/

button 1 has all conventionals on it. if i press button 1 to activate it, it will use the recorded fade time. if i press button 1 again it releases the cue and its then snaps off all the cue information. im looking to essentially make it fade out instead.

correct me if im wrong, but if i do a single loop (or however many), and then record a "blank" cue and then have it next, won't that just go there automatically?

my intention is to record a blank cue that will stay in the same spot on every playback page, but what this doesn't help is that if someone presses the active scene button then the lights will just shut straight off without warning. at least with a fade out there is some warning.

Thanks in advance.

Josh
Dawsfactor
New Forumor

Post by Dawsfactor »

the other thing i should mention specifically is that i don't have my hands on my KE1 just yet. im working on programming it in the 3d viewer until it arrives. i have it ordered and just waiting for it now.
nick
Maxi Forumor

Post by nick »

Hi Josh,

Thank you for your message. Hopefully you have your STICK-KE1 now?
if i press button 1 again it releases the cue and its then snaps off all the cue information. im looking to essentially make it fade out instead.
It should only suddenly turn the lights off if some one presses the scene button for 4 seconds to engage 'blackout mode'. You can disable this mode using HardwareManager to change the settings on the device. HardwareManager is included with all of our software. (See attached image)
correct me if im wrong, but if i do a single loop (or however many), and then record a "blank" cue and then have it next, won't that just go there automatically?
Yes, you are correct. In fact this is a better solution that I suggested earlier because you don't have to add a static black effect to the end of all your scenes. You simply select the 'off' scene as the next scene.

Kind Regards,

Nick.
Attachments
disable blackout mode.jpg
disable blackout mode.jpg (118.31 KiB) Viewed 9523 times
Nicolaudie Tech Support
Dawsfactor
New Forumor

Post by Dawsfactor »

the "blackout" cue is certainly the route to go, but im talking about the the "accidental" button press that releases the cue and it would snap off. i just find it peculiar that a lighting software platform doesn't have the option for fade out cue timing. Am i missing something? Certainly i will try and uncheck that blackout button and see where that gets me once i get the hardware. I will hopefully have it arrive in the next day or two. then im sure i can get some more answers. but for now im just relying on the 3d plot.

Im actually pretty pumped about getting it!

Cheers,

Josh