bug?

Easy view 2006, the ideal “3D real time” simulation to visualize stage and lights simultaneously !

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

waals
New Forumor

bug?

Post by waals »

In our schooltheater we are using for lighting software Cuelux for the visualisation Easy View 3D.
The Easy View 3D software from april 2010 works fine, but the latest version doesn’t work at all.
When the lighting software Cuelux sends a signal to channel 1 (Martin, roboscanner 812 v2) you can see on the DMX-level in universe 2 that it works, but not in universe 1@!#.
So I presume that Cuelux automatically sends his signal to universe 2.
But when I patch a fixture to universe 1 channel1 it doesn’t work. There is no connection.
When I patch the fixture to universe 2 channel 1 it also doesn’t work.
What goes wrong?
ArnHue
New Forumor

Re: bug?

Post by ArnHue »

I have been wondering about this too... It seems that this is because of the newly added 2nd DMX universe. Have you tried the other Port? (use a gender changer) The regular input now is connected to universe 2. - The female connector used to be the regular DMX output works as a 2nd input! This one is connected to universe 1.
waals
New Forumor

Post by waals »

In the past I used easy view in combination with my lighting software “Cuelux”. Cuelux works only in universe 1.
A working configuration was: computer with Cuelux-cable to male-port from the “blue Sunlite 3D box”, and a led par56 short to the female-port from the blue Sunlite 3D box.
After an update Easy view is not working.

I have connect my lighting software “Cuelux” with the male port of the “blue sunlite 3d box”. In this configuration a get only in universe 2 a dmx signal. And the “ledpar 56 short” connect with the female-port doesn’t react at all.
When I connect Cuelux with the female port of the “blue sunlite 3d box” I get the dmx signal in universe 1. Of course my “ledpar 56 short” connect with the male-port doesn’t react.

A believe that the dmxout has got a new function so I think that the only solution for me is to buy a dmx splitter.
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Since we have introduced the second universe, you will find that the universe connector on the left will be universe 1 and the connector on the right will be universe 2. If this is not the case, open up the tools app and click the checkbox on the parameters tab labelled 'invert DMX1/DMX2'.

Let me know if you're still having trouble with this
Simon
--
Sales/Support
waals
New Forumor

Post by waals »

Thanks for your reply. I was forgotten that there was software for the interface named: Tools.
Now I’m using it I can see information from my interface: SIUDI-8 (1024) Firmware 1.08 serial number 154357
While the universe connector on the left (male) was universe 2, I unclicked the checkbox on the parameters tab labelled ‘invert DMX1/DMX2’. When now the lighting software sends a signal I can see some activity in universe 1. So this problem is solved.
But now the latest one. In the past I made a connection between a ledpar and the USB-DMX interface with the female connector. And that is still not working.
So I want the same signal out on the right connector (female) as the incoming signal on the left connector(male=lighting software).
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

I'm not sure I understand your question. SLMEV interfaces cannot output DMX.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
ArnHue
New Forumor

Post by ArnHue »

@Simon: I think what Waals is talking about, is that he used the second port as a DMX-thru in the past. Of course this does not work anymore as the second port NOW is a second DMX-in!

@Waals: A cheap solution for you will be a simple Y-split cable. But make sure that the dead end is as short as possible! Otherwise your DMX signal will get faulty. Of course an active DMX splitter would be nicer - but a lot more expensive.
waals
New Forumor

Post by waals »

@ArneHue: yes I have bought an active DMX-splitter.
So this thread can be closed.