LiveControl Options #2

Sunlite Suite, the lighting control software which even outshines most of the consoles available on the market !

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

nidocamen
Junior Forumor

LiveControl Options #2

Post by nidocamen »

One final thing that I just discovered by playing with LiveControl to a greater degree. LiveControl uses the absolute screen position of the mouse pointer to determine its corresponding dmx value (looks like some type of percentage math is done based on screen center point, etc). In my case, for the ability to integrate a LiveControl switch into a pre-programmed Easy Show, it would make it necessary for me (the person running the show) to know where the screen pointer is to accurately know how to control the light positions, colors, etc during that particular part of the show.

If it is possible, can you add a feature to use the 'relative' mouse movement information being fed to Windows from the mouse? This would allow you to do this:

Not using Easyshow: Lights are moving around due to another switch running some type of EasyTime movement. You press the shortcut key for a LiveControl switch (which will control the same channels that are moving), and the LC switch takes control of those channels and inherits their current DMX values (like I talked about in previous post). Then, the dmx values do not immediately 'jump' based on the mouse pointer location, but instead stay stationary until the user moves the mouse. And only move based on the relative information (up,down,left,right) info being transmitted from the mouse to Windows.

Using EasyShow: During pre-programmed show, there is a section where the movement, colors, dimmers, etc of certain lights are controlled by a 'show conductor' who is _not_ seated at the computer running Sunlite. He's instead using a remote controlled gyro-mouse to conduct the show in mid air. He doesn't know where the mouse pointer is on the screen, but knows how to conduct the show to the music and visuals based on knowledge, practice and actually seeing the lights. This case would make necessary the use of relative mouse movement information instead of absolute pointer positioning.

Oh well, sorry for another long post. I really, really like the LiveControl feature, but in my particular instance it will be completely unusable to me for the shows that I create unless you can have an option to use relative mouse movement.

Please e-mail me privately if you have further questions on this whole thing.

Thanks again!