Issues with shutdown

Sunlite Suite, the lighting control software which even outshines most of the consoles available on the market !

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

paulheu

Issues with shutdown

Post by paulheu »

I have stumbled across and issue which IMO is a bug and should be fixed asap, present in most recent public version.

If you have SS running and do a system shutdown while it is running the software comes back up all mangled and with windows in the wrong place. Worst thing is if I now open a previously saved show it will also come up wrong. If I close SS, then do a system shutdown or restart everything comes back up as it should..

Also if I enable 'lock docked windows' the close button goes away, but after a restart it is there again although it does nothing
dylan
Maxi Forumor

Re: Issues with shutdown

Post by dylan »

I fixed the "lock docked windows" trouble, but only if you close Sunlite before shutdown the computer.
Same for positions of different windows, if you do not close Sunlite before shutdown, they will be not saved.

You can download this patch www.dmxsoft.com/global/beta/Sl2006.zip, you need to unzip this in your sunlite directory, but only on a 4th nov 2008 version.
------- Dylan --------
paulheu

Post by paulheu »

Thanks.. I figured as much with the reset issue. It's just weird IMO that you cannot load a previously saved show and have it restore to the proper settings.. You must first open a new show, exit the program, start again and load the correct show..

IMO loading the backup should also restore the correct layout..
paulheu

Post by paulheu »

I have had a few customers now complaining about this and in all honesty I find it strange it is so hard to make sunlite remember window positions after crash or shutdown before closing the program.

IMO it is a bug/shortcoming and should be fixed. Right now it is quite expensive for us to sell Sunlite as we need to return on a regular basis to fix this. And I hope you understand it is not possible for me to charge customers for this, especially since the general response is that other software seems to not have these issues which is something I realy cannot argue with as it is the truth

Please fix this!
paulheu

Post by paulheu »

This weekend we had another two instances of this happening. We are currently investigating other products to switch our customers to as this behavior is unacceptable to us. Sorry to say but it is what it is..
dylan
Maxi Forumor

Post by dylan »

Hi,

I made a new proc when you shutdown, try this new exe file :
www.dmxsoft.com/global/beta/Sl2006.zip
------- Dylan --------
dylan
Maxi Forumor

Post by dylan »

please send me a direct email to [email protected] if it fixed or not .
------- Dylan --------
paulheu

Post by paulheu »

sorry, I have been away for a few days.. thank you for this! I will try monday and get back to your asap!
paulheu

Post by paulheu »

Sofar it's working great!.. I have a small field test going right now and we will know more after the weekend..;)