Palettes

Sunlite Suite, the lighting control software which even outshines most of the consoles available on the market !

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

Schadow63
Junior Forumor

Palettes

Post by Schadow63 »

I was just reading about the use of palettes on lighting consoles and the article said,
"When you record a pallette such as Position = USC on your moving light console, it is stored with the attribute settings for each fixture that you selected and adjusted to make them all point Up Stage Centre.
When you use that USC pallette to record a memory or scene, the moving light control saves the palette into the scene, rather than the actual attribute values. So it just “thinks” of it as Pallette USC. Changing the values in the USC palette to adjust the position of your Up Stage Centre focus then effectively changes the position in ALL of the scenes that you used the USC palette in."

Are palettes something that has been considered for adding to the software? I bring my lighting rig into several clubs that bands hire me for and spend alot of time refocusing my movers to the new stage. Sounds like having palettes would save me alot of time.
bruno.falip
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by bruno.falip »

This will be a new feature of the next software generation.
Schadow63
Junior Forumor

Post by Schadow63 »

Oh yes!! YES YES YES YES. That is awesome. I can't wait.
Thanks
luceses
Junior Forumor

Post by luceses »

Focus Presets is what we used to call them and I am VERY surprised that Sunlite has not incorporated this very basic feature. It would help me a LOT! Sunlite is such a great program,but this one just got by them. However, I am looking forward to it's inclusion in the Sunlite family.

luceses