Triggering from Nuendo or Cubase

Sunlite Suite, the lighting control software which even outshines most of the consoles available on the market !

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

Graemekeys

Triggering from Nuendo or Cubase

Post by Graemekeys »

I am finding it ultra difficult finding out how to send midi triggers from Nuendo to Sunlite on the same computer. Is this possible? I'm trying to use a usb midi interface to both send and recieve trigger information... please help someone! :)

G
luceses
Junior Forumor

Post by luceses »

This is a late response and you may have already solved the problem, but it is difficult to do what you are trying to do, at least in my experience. You might try downloading Midi Ox or Midi Yoke and see if you can achieve it this way. These are basically programs that create virtual midi ports that can be routed from a daw to another midi program(vsti,etc.) The other problem you might encounter with Cubase/Nuendo is that it likes to have control of ANY audio driver and since Sunlite is capable of trigger by audio,the two programs may "fight" for control. You can try to select the "release audio driver" in the Cubase/Nuendo preferences or perhaps tweak the Sunlite preferences and it may help. Good luck and keep us posted with your progress b/c I might interested in trying something similar.

luceses