Multiple midi controllers and applications problem

Sunlite Suite, the lighting control software which even outshines most of the consoles available on the market !

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

Poldi
Junior Forumor

Multiple midi controllers and applications problem

Post by Poldi »

Hi there,
i'm running into a problem.
I'm on a single PC, using 2 seperate MIDI-Controllers, one for Sunlite, one for another application.
Is there a possibility for Sunlite to use just one of my controllers as a valid MIDI-Input? Right now, if i program a midi link on the controller meant for Sunlite, Sunlite also responds to the same command from the second controller. It isn't supposed to. The second controller is for another application. I don't use any Midi-Thru Signals, both controllers got their own port of a USB-Midi Interface.
I suggest adding a more advanced midi-menu under 'start parameters' to choose from my midi inputs would help me out. Is there any way to do this? And in the mean time, do you guys know any dirty, cheap trick for me - changing a bit in any .ini file or whatever - to avoid this 'egoistic' Sunlite beaviour?
Thank you very much,
Jan
dylan
Maxi Forumor

Re: Multiple midi controllers and applications problem

Post by dylan »

Hi,

no Sunlite receive all the midi command that windows midi interface receive.
You can change the channel of all command sending by the midi controller for Sunlite !!!
------- Dylan --------
Poldi
Junior Forumor

Re: Multiple midi controllers and applications problem

Post by Poldi »

Oh, seems I didn't think of using different midi channels. Thank you, it's working.
Although: I'm still in favor of a flexible menu for selecting between multiple midi devices/inputs in the 'start parameters' section. Just an idea.
Keep up the good work, greetings,
Jan