the circle mystery

Sunlite Suite, the lighting control software which even outshines most of the consoles available on the market !

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

regis
Junior Forumor

the circle mystery

Post by regis »

Nice to meet you for another great topic.

here is my problem (as always, remind me as a pure newbie)

i have Teclumen "Spot 250TM" (moving head).

When placing one head in a scene and select the circle figure, i can see a light drawing an Eight (8) instead of a circle. I have tried many tricks (changing the position of the points and a lot more) but i see nothing else than a strange shape drawed by a light.

It seems that the beam returns to its default value between 2 points.

if i want to draw a circle, i draw 2 point :

start with pan at 0 and tilt at 128
finnish with pan at 255 and tilt at 128

yes, i know this is a line but the beam draw a circle.

I will be agree to have your point of view conerning this problem and i promess you i will stop to eat those strange mushrooms found in the french forest :D

please dont blame me for my lack of knowledge, share yours
Domingos
Junior Forumor

Post by Domingos »

Hi Regis, when you play the circle from the preprogramed switches created by the software on a moving head you will always get something more like an eight (8). This is beacuse the software creates a circle using by default 80% of pan & tilt amplitude. If you want to see a circle movemente you need to reduce the size of the circle.

1. Edit the circle switch (or scene). On easy time editor tab right click over the circle and select Shape properties

2. Go to size tab and reduce the size of the circle to someting like in the mage and move it to the top (or bottom) side of the square. (The square represents pan & tilt amplitude). Use the play button to whatch the movement and resize the circle if needed.

3. Copy the movement to the other fixtures. I recomend you to click on the play button on the easy time editor before to copy the movement, then copy the movement to the other fixtues (advanced copy) but instead of click in OK click in Apply and play a little bit with Phasing.
regis
Junior Forumor

Post by regis »

hi domingos,

thank you for your post.

I've played a lot with this but i'm unable to draw a perfec circle.

i will work a little bit more to understand what is wrong.

It seems so easy to do....