BPM counter integrated with Sunlite

Sunlite Suite, the lighting control software which even outshines most of the consoles available on the market !

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

Would you find an integrated BPM counter usefull

Yes
93%
Not Really
7%
Unsure
No votes

Total votes: 14

99benns
New Forumor

BPM counter integrated with Sunlite

Post by 99benns »

I don't know about anyone else, but I find it really irritating in live applications when I have to keep opening the audio analysis application constantly to tap the BPM.

It's no use typing it in becuase half the time the bands change speed, and the audio analysis can never be 100% accurate, so every 30 seconds or so, I have to re-open the audio analysis and re-tap the beat.

This is also tricky because, when I have the audio analysis window open, the main Sunlite window is de-selected so I can't tap the BPM with the space bar whilst clicking other buttons.

Has anybody else had similar problems? If so, would you find an integrated BPM counter usefull?? (Please say yes, then they may put one in the next major release!). Maybe a small panel at the top where you can assign a shortcut key to tap out the beat. It also means I don't have to open the audio analysis if I'm not using the microphone, therefore saving processing power ;)
FINCH

Post by FINCH »

I absolutely agree... Sunlite is a beautifull piece of software, but I just sometimes use it, because of the lack on decent audio-synchronisation.

Indeed, settting the BPM by typing it in isn't very usefull and the tap function doesn't really work properly as well, or at least not in live-applications.

Besides, I regret the fact that in the current software, there are only two 'steps' possible that directly respond to the audio-analysis (you can set for example a colour for 'on' and a colour for 'off', and no sequence that reacts to the BPM). Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't figured out how to program more than two 'changes' reacting on the music.

So with reference to the poll... please integrate a BPM counter! :P

Greetings from The Netherlands, Wouter
bruno.falip
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by bruno.falip »

Maybe with the next software generation.