Help with Sound to Light

Sunlite Suite, the lighting control software which even outshines most of the consoles available on the market !

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

andysoho

Help with Sound to Light

Post by andysoho »

I have an abstract led dance floor which is controlled by sunlight 2006. I have a number of programmes/patterns set up for me to use such as snake, matrix, colour mix etc. However, I cannot get it to work sound to light.

I have an audio signal coming in through the sound card and the audio analysis is working fine. I have clicked on each program in turn e.g. snake and then clicked edit and moved on to the sound to light tab where the audio signal is clearly shown on the bass mid and treble. I have clicked on the power buttom and toggled each of the channels to the on position.

I have also set AUDIOIN to YES in the starting parameters.

However, there is no difference in the speed or pattern on the dance floor can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong.

Further in terms of patterns is there a way of the controller automatically or random changing from one pattern to another without manually selecting each individual pattern you want to display please

Thanks Andy :P :lol: 8)
99benns
New Forumor

Sound to light

Post by 99benns »

Hi Andy

I don't think the sound to light rack is what you want to be using, this is normally used for controlling individual channels using sound to light, such as flicking between an open and closed shutter. I'm assuming you are talking about the pre programmed buttons, if not, I'm assuming you have programmed your scenes in using the easystep rack. I think the best way to contol each step by sound to light is by doing the following:

-Click the scene you want to edit
-Click edit
-go to the easystep rack
-click the yellow easy time button to the right of the play and loop buttons, this will copy your steps into easytime
-go to the easytime rack
-where the channel numbers are listed at the top, click and drag to highlight the relevent channels
-right click on one of these numbers and click "music pulse" or "music BPM" (which ever your using in the audio analysis)
-close and save the button

that should work, ive tried it myself with the pre programmed LED shapes/snakes etc

let me know how you get on

Simon
99benns
New Forumor

other question

Post by 99benns »

...oh yea and your question about changing patters automatically, this can be done by creating a cycle (the blue button) then clicking the different scenes, then ajusting the time you wish to wait between each scene in the cycle window.
andysoho

Re: other question

Post by andysoho »

Great thanks :lol: I will give it a go and let you know how I get on :P