SUIDI 6C problem with software detection

User based support for the SLESA-U6 - SL512BC - developer kit

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, florent, Ben

MikeVaghur

SUIDI 6C problem with software detection

Post by MikeVaghur »

Hi!
I have a SL512BC (sn# 61870715). But when I try to connect it to my notebook (WinXP Home SP3 OEM, updated) the 3 LEDs green, yellow & red are lighting constantly during device detection and drivers installation. But when driver installed, the green LED turns off and red one begins blinking fast. Sunlite can't see the interface box. Any attempts to solve this problem gave nothing (I've change cables, update USB drivers, add winusb.dll). But so strange that siudi6_firmware.exe updater detects my interface and made firmware update without any stumbles. But it doesn't help yet.
What should I do? (this is the second problem with this box - I have already turn it back to retail service and they said that gave me a new one (the first box even doesn't detected), but after that I didn't use it almost for a 3 month).
bruno.falip
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: SUIDI 6C problem with software detection

Post by bruno.falip »

Con you recongnize this interface with the TOOLS program? it is installed with the lastest Sunlite Suite version. You can start it from the software installation folder.
nataf100

Post by nataf100 »

Hi,

I have the same problem, I'm trying to run the VB 6 example which was included in the installation CD, but I get the message "Interface: not found" . (green led if off)

system info: windows Xp (sp3) , SIUDI-6C, frimeware 1.15 , serial number: 61868907

The interface is recognized nicely by the TOOLS program, and while clicking on the test tab, the green led is blinking very fast.

Thanks in advance
Oren
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Hi Oren, sorry for the late response.

Am I right in thinking that your box works fine with the software but not with the developer kit example?
Simon
--
Sales/Support
nataf100

Post by nataf100 »

hi, Thanks for your replay,

Yes you are right, the box doesn't work with the develop kit. (on both VB and CPP demos)

Thanks
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

hmm thats a strange one, if it works when you start up the software there is no reason I can think of why it shouldn't work when you start the developer kit. Make sure you have downloaded the lastest drivers and the latest developer kit ver. let me know if you're still having problems
Simon
--
Sales/Support
nataf100

Post by nataf100 »

I think that I now have few more clues of the passel...

We took fresh PC with XP sp 2 on it, and install the driver that was ship with the SDK kit and the box worked fine! VB demo, C++ demo and out test tool!
But, once we install the Sunlite Suite (24-may-2009) (to c:\SL2006) we return back to point zero. the demos from the SDK wasn't able to find the box ("Interface not found." message)

any ides?
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

are you using the latest version of the developer kit? The later driver/firmware versions may not work with a old version of the developer kit.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
jsp7707

Post by jsp7707 »

Hello,

I am experiencing the same problem. The USB box is working and recognized by Sunlite 2002, but when using the VB6 sample code it is not recognized??