Need an audio/visual cue list

Speak about discontinued products here such as Sunlite 2004, 2002, 2000, ESA 2007 and EasyView 2004.

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

Shep2112

Need an audio/visual cue list

Post by Shep2112 »

Hi, I need to create a sequence for the touring gameshow I work on (mentioned in the previous post).

The show is about 45 minutes long and has about 15 sound cues. I was playing them based using Hammer & Tong's freeware Q-Manager program. (The commercial version uses MIDI, not DMX control, so it's not really competition for Sunlite).

Anyway, the idea is fairly simple. I'd like to have about 15 cues that never change, which are music (wav files) and lights chasing/flashing/moving while the audio file is playing.

What is the best way to set this up? I'm using Sunlite 2004 First Class with 4 fresnels, 4 Martin MX-1's and 2 par's for extra fill. I have pages for the fresnels, the scanners and the fills currently. I've been experimenting with EasyShow and using Pauses, but is this the best/only(?) way to do this?

As a side note, sometimes we need to extend one section of the gameshow (repeat the cue), so it needs to be possible to repeat the previous cue easily, or maybe just assign that sound/light movement to a hotkey and trigger it by hitting a different key.

I'd like to step through all the cues using the spacebar if possible.

Thanks in advance!
-Eric
Robby

Post by Robby »

Hey,

With the Sunlite software you can create buttons that trigger any kind of multimedia files... go to the software help and manual to get the details, but it goes something like this:

you put your multimedia files in the folder SL2004/Multimedia_data and then create buttons that are called #music.wav, or something like that (check the details on the manual)

you can then create a cycle of buttons... each button will have any duration that you want, and you can set the cycle to loop.

Try it out, and let me know if it works...

good luck,

Robby