MIDI

Speak about discontinued products here such as Sunlite 2004, 2002, 2000, ESA 2007 and EasyView 2004.

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

kyuss74
New Forumor

MIDI

Post by kyuss74 »

Hi...

i installed the korg nanopad and the bcf2000 at my home-pc and everything works fine with my downloaded 2004-version of sunlite.

now....i installed both devices on our sunlite-laptop at work....also with the same 2004-version....and:

NOTHING happens inside sunlite.

no switch reacts...no fader moves....even NO midi-information....seems to get inside sunlite...( nothing happens inside that midi-information-window....while i move faders or press switches.....as i'm used to at home ).

wtf ????

both devices were totally recognized by that laptop...( i checked it by the device-editors, which would not work, if the devices weren't installed correctly !

i need help.....concerning this problem....aaahhhhhhh

(using 512BC-interface)

thx,

kyuss
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: MIDI

Post by simonB »

Maybe you have another piece of software running in the background using the same midi device on your work PC?
kyuss74
New Forumor

Post by kyuss74 »

i took that laptop at home....for checking-reasons.
and first i didn't found any tools or apps which may use the windows midi-interface in the task manager,

but second i saw ,that sunlite 2004 recognizes an SL512 EC....not BC as i wrote.

i'm a little bit confused.....because on the nicolaudie-pages....i only find SL1024EC !?
sl512....they only talk about BC and FC-versions ?!!!

but anyway...even the cheapest devices DO feature MIDI-triggering, if i got that right...

i'm still not able to get midi-informations into Sunlite 2004...:(

with sunlite suite 2 beta....it's NO problem....even the midi-feedback-function works correct there.

btw: thank you for replying and caring, Dude ! ;)

So long,

kyuss
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

So the problem you have is with Sunlite 2004 on one machine. Which operating system are you running?
kyuss74
New Forumor

Post by kyuss74 »

windows xp professional version 5.1 build 2600 including service pack 2
kyuss74
New Forumor

Post by kyuss74 »

took off the SL512EC-Interface....and suddenly Sunlite2004 receives MIDI-in !

so it HAS to do with that f*** interface !

in the brochure they say, that even the BC-version is controllable by MIDI !?
on the other side....Sunlite2004 itself says in those MIDI-options: "Only available in FIRST CLASS Editon" ???

what is the truth ?

and why does it work there >>> http://www.nicolaudie.com/view.php?id_a ... id_page=21 ???

I'm pretty desperate....:(

Greets,

kyuss
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

All Sunlite Suite 1 products are compatible with MIDI. Why are you using such an old version of Sunlite?
kyuss74
New Forumor

Post by kyuss74 »

eh....because we HAVE that interface @ work !!!?

we can't buy a new interface every 2 years, only because nicolaudie changes the colour ;o)

i would like to use sunlite suite 2 too....but it seems that nicolaudie tries to make money,eh ?!
otherwise they would support downward-compatibility....but they block that. :(

poor customer-service....i guess.

kyuss
kyuss74
New Forumor

Post by kyuss74 »

just to get that to an end:

it's because of the interface.

all sl512BC and EC-interfaces produced until 2006 are not supported concerning MIDI-triggering....for all newer BC and EC's: MIDI-function is "implemented" ( in my opinion it's pure marketing-strategy and it's just a question of releasing MIDI-function inside Sunlite2004 !!! i'll try to make a friend find that out.....).

thx anyway for your support simon....

kyuss

P.S.: you should announce that anywhere....because a lot of "old" interfaces were sold all over the planet (ebay and so on) and on your webpage you say that every sl512-interface is able to support MIDI-triggering !?! ( we also buyed an used interface...thinking, that MIDI would work !!!)