Flicker on visualizer screen

Speak about discontinued products here such as Sunlite 2004, 2002, 2000, ESA 2007 and EasyView 2004.

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

Lightson

Flicker on visualizer screen

Post by Lightson »

Hi,
I just got my sunlite interface (DMX IN) and finished writing new profiles to suit my fixtures. The existing ones didn't have the right colours and gobos. This is a great piece of software, easy to use and a fairly good representation of the fixtures.

I am having a few small problems though. There seems to be a flicker (just off and on again once in a while) on the visualizer screen. It doesn't happen when I playback the chase or program, just when I'm in edit mode with my controller (SGM Pilot 2000). I'm using a 2.66 gig pentium 4 with 1 gig of memory and a 128meg video card supporting 3 monitors (although just using 2 at the moment). I havn't tried it with another controller yet. I'm also using direct X 9.0 if that could be the problem. Like to hear if anyone else is having this problem.

The second problem is probably pilot error but I've tried everything. The gobos won't rotate on my Martin 518s. They work fine for my SGM Victory IIs. I've tried to use the fixture editing tool but to no avail. It looks like the lightbeam is rotating but the gobo doesn't show. Any Ideas? Also the shutter strobe won't strobe. It just goes off and on as I move the fader through the range but if I stop at a certain value the light is on or off and stays that way till I move the fader again. Any ideas on that one?

Thanks for your help, Bob
Marc
Experienced Forumor

Problem with the DMX IN

Post by Marc »

Hello,

We already encountered this problem with DMX IN interface (flicker on the screen).
As it doesn't appear with our others softwares, I think it doesn't
come from the 3d. It's the same for your others problems, it certainly
comes from a bad communication between the softwares.

I'm sorry but I work only on EasyView and I can't do nothing for you...
for the moment.
I will discuss of this problem with the other developpers.
thanks for playing...